Joomla gallery by joomlashine.com
JAI News Slider
News From NASA
NASA will host a Google+ Hangout with the three recently returned International Space Station astronauts from 3-4 p.m. EDT on Thursday, May 23.
NASA Expedition 35 astronaut and flight engineer Chris Cassidy will speak live from the International Space Station with students at Talbot Innovation Middle School in Fall River, Mass., at 10:05 a.m. EDT, Thursday, May 23.
NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston will host a news conference and social media event at 1 p.m. CDT (2 p.m. EDT) Wednesday, May 22, to preview the upcoming Expedition 36 mission aboard the International Space Station.
Quality & Process Assurance Specialist for Software & Complex Electronics Hardware in Aircraft Systems
A major Japanese corporation is undertaking the development, manufacture, and certification of a new 70-90 passenger commercial passenger aircraft, with first prototype flight planned for late 2013 and final type certification expected to be received in 2015-16.
Many of the software-containing avionics systems will be procured from U.S. manufacturers. All these systems will require certification by the Japanese Civil Aviation Board and/or the Designated Engineering Representatives (DER). To facilitate this and to provide a sound basis for the Japan manufacturer’s DERs to approve certification of these systems, they are requesting assistance from JAMSS America, Inc. (JAI) for conducting avionics software and hardware compliance audits in accordance with the guidelines of DO-178 / DO-254 and which will be supplemented with manufacturer-provided audit templates to cover any unique Japanese requirements.
Note: Baseline requirements are the same for both Japan and U.S.; these activities will also be applicable to FAA Type Certification.
JAI EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
With the intent of facilitating these avionics software and hardware safety certification audits with the US manufacturers, JAI has multiple salaried openings for qualified, mid-career engineers to work in Houston. It is expected that these engineers will apply their avionics software and hardware technical and review process knowledge and experience to conduct these audits and to provide comprehensive reports to the manufacturer’s DERs.
The selected candidates will become employees of JAI for a two year period, working out of JAI’s office in Houston, Texas.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and should have a minimum of 10-15 years related professional experience. Candidates resume information should demonstrate the following technical qualifications and task performance capabilities:
- Required: Quality Assurance Processes per DO-178B, DO-254
- At least one required:
- Software design / architecture / verification processes
- Complex electronics hardware design / verification
Technical Environment (at least one from each section)
- Languages: C, C#, Assembly, Matlab/Simulink, HDL
- Standards and Norms: DO-178B, DO-254, EASA Certification Memo SWAEH 001 , EASA Certification Memo SWAEH 002
- Tools : DOORS, Clearcase, Clearquest, Model Sim, Questa, Rational Rhapsody
- Participate in a two-person team that will conduct Stage of Involvement (SOI) audits for commercial aircraft avionics software (life cycle data and processes).
- Participate in a two-person team that will conduct failure analysis and design compliance audits for commercial aircraft avionics hardware (life cycle data and processes).
- Work closely with counter-part team member who is located in Japan (email, teleconference , face-to -face meetings). Note: regular work shift adjustments may be necessary.
- Obtain and review vendor life cycle and process documentation, participation in dry-runs and formal audits, as well as follow up work with vendors.
- SOI and hardware compliance activity coordination with all parties.
- Preparation of reports for the authorizing Authority.
- Travel throughout the U.S. and possibly to Japan and France will be required.
Hardcopy resumes should be addressed to:
JAMSS America, Inc.
16055 Space Center Blvd. Ste. 240
Houston, TX 77062